2005-09-21

Axioms of Identity

Here is what Scott C. Lemon said:
In my research into digital identity, I created a set of 'axioms' that have molded my perspective of the subject. I developed these axioms as the foundation for how I would create a digital identity solution ... a software solution to accumulate identity, and provide controlled dissemination of that information.

The First Axiom of Identity

I posit that we humans do not have any inherent identity.


The Second Axiom of Identity

I posit that identity does not exist outside the context of a community.


The Third Axiom of Identity

I posit that identity is exchanged in transactions that occur within a context of trust and authentication.


nota bene: given the last update on these (4-3-2005), I'm guessing that Bernard didn't already mention them here earlier :)